Awesome. We are thrilled to know you’re interested in writing for us!
We have a variety of options and 3 main areas you can submit your work to: Our main site, our fiction section, and our brand new Indie Dick column. Here’s a general list of topics.. (but don’t let it limit your creativity, we’re open to anything)
- Beauty, Fashion, and Style
- Health and Fitness
- Attitude: Inspirational, motivational, breathtaking pieces of work that drive our readers to want to become better individuals
- Lifestyle: Most MISC falls here. Personal lifestyle choices, journeys, handling finances, managing your home, and other essentials.
- Arts and Crafts: Anything DIY, fun ideas, making handy things from scratch.. etc, etc.
- Career: How to excel in the workplace, entrepreneurship and owning a small business. Tips, tricks, and an inspirational take on following your dreams.
- Sex, Dating, and Relationships: Speaks for itself. Let your imagination fly, baby.
What we will NOT accept
- Anything ridiculous. We shouldn’t have to tell you we won’t accept anything homophobic, racist or otherwise filled with hate. If you’re even considering it, you don’t belong on this website.
- Shameless self promotion or irrelevant linking to other sites.
- Anything horribly written with poor grammar, spelling, or sentence structure. Jewels will work with you on edits when it comes to honing the content or direction but not on the basics.
- Anything you’d see on every other website out there. We don’t do stiff and rigid. Bring your inner badass out.
- Provide the readers something valuable.
- Break up your text with headings, styles, and if it’s long, images
- Stay true to your voice
- Establish yourself as an expert but expose vulnerability
- Write well and entertain
- Read more tips on guest posting here
- Word count: Your post must be no less than 700 words and no more than 1300. If you need more to convey your message, we can make an exception. If, however, you babble and pointlessly exceed the word count, we will ask you to edit your piece.
- Set up your email with en.gravatar.com and make sure your picture is current and working. Our contributor page currently works off of en.gravatar.
- A short 2-3 sentence bio.
- Links to all of your social media accounts and main website.
- Keep our audience in mind when writing. Justin Bieber doesn’t get our panties to drop and we’re not going to enjoy a 2000 word piece on the Irish bagpipe.
- Once you’re up and scheduled in our editorial calendar, you will receive a snazzy contributor badge. You can link it to your article, or if you’ve written more than one, you can link to your author archive page.
- We encourage activity on our posts! Get your friends to come leave comments and support your brand new article then be sure to reply to comments.
- Frequent contributors may eventually bipass the ‘pitch only’ rule once they’ve written a few posts. The only downside to this is that it may postpone your publish date if we have anything similar already lined up on the calendar.