Latest posts by Julie Zantopoulos (see all)
- How to Get What You Want - September 1, 2014
- Relationship Quick Tip #3: Sex Isn’t a Bargaining Tool - August 29, 2014
- Fuck the Naysayers - August 27, 2014
Time for the adults
The adult table can be a bit more elaborate and you have the benefit of it being safe for candles, which are one of my absolute favorites. If I can combine a last minute DIY Thanksgiving table decoration with fire…I’m happy. Here are some of my favorite table decoration other than a good glass of wine.
- Centerpieces and candles are a fantastic fit. What I love most about the ones pictured is that they aren’t going to be too high and make it difficult to talk to people on the other side of the table. One of my favorite things about Thanksgiving dinner is talking to my family and nothing keeps that from happening like tall flowers or centerpieces. These are going to smell good, be affordable, and look stunning. Both are easily made and don’t require much money or preparation.
- For place cards I like the idea of staying affordable. I like having the baby pumpkins (tying in the kids and adults table) with a cut in the stem to make enough room for a piece of card stock cut and decorated and labeled with the person’s name. This is an affordable idea that is easily personalized.
- My next favorite last minute DIY Thanksgiving table decoration is also a great favor for the adults. I don’t know about you, but at my family Thanksgiving there are about 20 people there (that’s a minimum) so glasses get confused, put down, and forgotten. Identifying glasses is essential and this quick craft personalizes the table and is a great take home item. Wine charms are cheap to make and easy to boot. Any craft store has cheap earring hoops, purchase a pack and slip on your favorite beads, charms, or initial. Spell out the persons name, use a feather, fall colored beads, or just about anything else makes for a great charm that is very affordable. I made some of my own that you can see on my Instagram. Tips for making these charms can be found on Pinterest or casasugar.com.
- Not much for wine charms or want something a little different? I’m a huge fan of the chalkboard paint. Dip the bottom of wine glasses or inexpensive water glasses into the paint, let the excess drip off, and then dry. Use chalk to write your guests’ name on the bottom, tie a fall ribbon around the middle and you have a great touch for your table that can be re-used next holiday. Tips for this process found here.
There you have my favorite table setting tips for Thanksgiving. These last minute DIY Thanksgiving table decorations are going to be lifesavers, I just know it. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. Remember…when in doubt grab your wine and head to that kids table, or a beer to the sofa and watch some football. Either way, just breathe.
Be sure to comment if you have a favorite last minute DIY Thanksgiving table decoration, project, or tip that I missed. Which one of these were your favorite? What do you do for your own table? We want to hear about it. Be sure to tag us on Pinterest by using the hashtag #TheIndieChicks and #DIYThanksgivingTableDecoration. We will like and repin your photo to our board.