My 7 day juice fast is complete! While our 7 day detox article has been one of our most popular, I’m really happy to announce I have finished my fast and am THRILLED with the results! Can you believe I made it out alive? Here are my 7 day juice fast results.
Juice Fast Recap
I didn’t fill out day 6 or 7 because they were very much like day 5: filled with clarity, lightness, energy and excitement. If you’d like to read detailed accounts of my days 1-5, check them out below:
- Juice Fast: Intro
- Juice Fast: Day 1
- Juice Fast: Day 2
- Juice Fast: Day 3
- Juice Fast: Day 4
- Juice Fast: Day 5
How I Look, How I Feel
- Weight-loss: I went from 132 lbs to 125 lbs. I’m 5’6 so a 7lbs weight loss is really noticeable on me. Brought me back to my regular weight (as opposed to me sporting a brand new bod). This is the body I’m used to and the body I feel most comfortable in, and most importantly, it’s the body that gets me to dance my way into the gym. But most of you know, I didn’t do this to lose weight in the first place.
- Skin: My skin is radiant, soft and completely clear of any pimples or blemishes
- Energy: Restored to the max
- Misc: I feel satisfied quicker, like my tummy is smaller.
- Buy a good juicer. Cheap ones don’t do what you need them to do for a fast: leafy greens.
- Majority of your juice should be veggie/ leafy greens.
- Drink as much water as possible. You should pretty much always have water with you. A good rule of thumb is 1 glass of juice, 1 glass of water.
- Warm and hot water with lemon helps with nausea and a shaky tummy
- Consider either organic smooth move tea or warm water enemas – the goal is to rid yourself of toxins. Flush ’em out, baby!
- Pre-cut and prep your fruits and veggies the night before so you can make juice quickly
- Take the first 3 days off of work or any obligation you may have. I needed 3 days because I was really detoxing and my day 1 and 2 were terrible. If you live a clean, healthy lifestyle, 2 days should suffice.
- Coming off the fast, stick to raw fruits and veggies and ease into a clean diet.
Doing this 7 day juice fast was the best decision I could have made. I quit smoking for the second time. My first, I quit 3 days after I found out I was pregnant and didn’t start up again well into Luca’s 4th or 5th month of life. I lost enough weight – be it water weight or fat – to remind myself how good I feel when I look good. My skin, complexion.. everything glows. My mood has done a complete 180 – I’m happy, energetic and optimistic. And most importantly? The idea of a healthy lifestyle and treating my body with the love and care it deserves actually excites me. I’m looking forward to playing with new healthy recipes in the kitchen and to have enough energy to play with my son.
Oh and headaches? I have been headache free since day 3 of the 7 day juice fast. I took out 3 bottles of painkillers that had been laying in my purse and smiled.
Fuck you, pain pills. I heal MYSELF!
Find the complete guide to the perfect 7 day juice fast and recipes in our special print edition.
Image Credit: Shutterstock